Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Forum Index -> Kinship Rules and Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arfiel
Officer

re: Update 9 SKL Rules

BG raid loot will go through the current 2 SKLs: 1 for 2nd age symbols and 1 for gear/jewelry.

At this time, no loot redistribution will be applied to 3/6 mans. Due to the frequency with which one can (and will) run these instances, it is not a good idea to allow suicides on their drops.

Last edited by Arfiel on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Arfiel
Officer

Clarification

1. Raids taking place between 8pm and 12pm server time will be considered announced raids, and eligible drops from them will go through SKL. Raids during any other time (for example, from 7pm to 9pm) will not be considered announced raids, and participants cannot use skl.

Due to the impracticality of having people sign up for (the same) raid every day, we will consider the 8-12pm raid(s)announced on each day from now on, until further notice.

We know some people cannot make certain nights, but given the high body counts every night after U9, and the plentiful loot from BG, we think it is a good idea to run it as often as possible until most people acquire all they need from the place.

2. In the event of an announced raid containing non-kin members, the kin members present will link their loot in raid chat so that people who wish to use the SKL may do so. Kin members will also send the symbols acquired to the raid leader (if in kin) or a designated kin member to pass them out according to the SKL after the raid.

3. Symbols will automatically go through the SKL. All other non-class specific loot (relic removal scrolls, crystals of remembrance, starlight crystals) will go to the persons who received them (unless someone elects to use the SKL) as there is no point in running the same RNG twice, except in the case of people sitting for raid, in which case these people are eligible to roll on such loot.

All class-specific loot (gear/jewelry, stat tomes) will be rolled upon or SKLed by every kin member present for the raid (whether participating or sitting).

4. Teal/orange gear distribution will follow the principle of mains before alts, upgrades over sidegrades, and improvements (however small and situational) over the AH. Please exercise common sense and courtesy in rolling or SKLing for such pieces.

The following priority list applies to teal gear:
1. SKL
2. Winner gets priority if used on main
3. Item goes to /roll for mains
4. Item goes to /roll for alts

Last edited by Arfiel on Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Garcimili (Art)

/signed

XIVHB (Free Company) - Leviathan (Server)

Garcimili Onceadorf - 60 Paladin    

Lord of the Rings Online  

Apex (Kin) - Elendilmir (Old Server)

Garcimili - 85 Guardian (Arkenstone)  

RonSwanson - 85 Defiler (Gladden)
WickedwayzThugNasty

Art has now posted on every post... jk man i love you thorcar
Thorcar
Officer

WickedwayzThugNasty wrote:

SERENITY NOW
Araphorn
Leader

WickedwayzThugNasty wrote:

They do what they want.

I was thinking about the new loot rules and would like to propose a change. If something special ever drops, such as a gold piece, it goes through the folowing progression to claim the item:

1. SKL
2. The person who won the item decides if they want to keep it or not
3. If the person who won the item doesn't want it, it goes to roll

Essentially if a nice item drops, the person who won it from the chest has already beat everybody on a roll just to get it. I feel it is rough to have them win two rolls vs another persons one roll in order to keep it.
Araphorn
Leader

Thorcar wrote:

Essentially if a nice item drops, the person who won it from the chest has already beat everybody on a roll just to get it. I feel it is rough to have them win two rolls vs another persons one roll in order to keep it.

Although this might sound fair, but a rule was made to prevent this mainly because to maintain a balance in which classes/people need it the most (Will that Item on a specific class help the raid?) or will it be used on a Main or a Alt. Also, to let it stop from going to AH over someone whose Main still needs it.

I saw a lot of Clasps that were used on Alts and some in AH, where clearly it could have served some Mains better.

Also I think the new Gold pieces are Bind on Acquire, so it'll be hard enforcing that policy anyway.

Araphorn wrote:
Although this might sound fair, but a rule was made to prevent this mainly because to maintain a balance in which classes/people need it the most (Will that Item on a specific class help the raid?) or will it be used on a Main or a Alt.

If the item dropped for a person, then it should be relevant to their class. If a person wants to keep it and Fifi or the officer-in-charge feels they don't need it, then they can force it to a roll. Ultimately, somebody will have to make a decision on whether that person need should keep the piece or not regardless if we use my proposed process or the current one in place.

If an agility earring drops for Izuka that the two burgs and two hunters in a raid can use but none want to suicide on it, why should Izuka have to win two rolls on it? If Izuka already has one earring the rest do not, then Fifi can say it is for the better of the kin that it goes to roll for the others to get one.

Adding the second step where the initial winner can keep a piece will not make any difference in maintaining "a balance in which classes/people need it the most".
Araphorn
Leader

I read you wrong I guess and totally forgot about the auto-loot thing. Was mostly talking about the Gold pieces and how they should be treated. But seeing that now stuff drops for classes that is only relevant to them and re-rolling for them, doesn't indeed make sense.

I would say letting the classes keep the Teals (Blue drops), if they don't already have them. If they do or if they have no interest in using them (For their main), then trading them to the Raid leader for a group roll can be considered fair. And that is to happen only if someone else has desired interest in that particular Teal item (FOR THEIR MAIN), then by all means they have a right to ./roll on it, and you can too, if your alts really need it, I guess. That's where the courtesy parts kicks in, as Fifi stated above.

For example:

- I Acquire a Might earring from auto-loot.
- I don't like it for my Main, but I think my Cappy can use it. So I should keep it.
- Someone else thinks their Cappy can use it too.
- I give the earring to the raid leader.
- Earring is out for a roll to people who need it.
- If I win the roll, I get to use it for my Cappy. But I will see first before rolling, for someone who can actually use it for their Main.

*[Same example applies if I already have those Teal pieces that dropped for me from auto-loot]

Example Number 2:

- I win a Might earring from auto-loot.
- I like the earring and will definitely use it.
- I will keep the earring.

Are we square now?

If everyone is fine with this, maybe we can implement this into the raiding rules.

I think that is pretty fair, I think Thorcar's 3 step process is not quite specific enough b/c if the hunter that won the agil item wont use it on his main, but would use it eventually on his lvl 80 burg, then even though he won it, he shouldnt have the right to keep it over the other agil mains, but I think that was kinda discussed in the subsequent posts.

1. SKL
2. Winner gets priority if used on main*
3. Item goes to /roll for mains
4. Item goes to /roll for alts

* - I think that some people, for ex. Wicked, kind of has 2 mains with the LM and Burg. If we use both of them quite frequently and he is active in raiding, then I don't think there is any reason not to consider both of his characters mains. Just another thought.

So if a Will item drops, he can /roll in the main round likewise, if an agil item drops, he can /roll in the main round as well.

But obviously we need to use common sense and if there are 2 people rolling for an item and it helps one main with +10 stat, +25 morale, +50 crit and it helps the other main with +45 stat, +115 morale and +200 crit... then we should probably take that into considerating for the betterment of the raid and not just that one toon, like Ara said.

XIVHB (Free Company) - Leviathan (Server)

Garcimili Onceadorf - 60 Paladin    

Lord of the Rings Online  

Apex (Kin) - Elendilmir (Old Server)

Garcimili - 85 Guardian (Arkenstone)  

RonSwanson - 85 Defiler (Gladden)
Arfiel
Officer

We'll take Art's post above as the rule on teal drops. I too think SKL should trump autoloot RNG (even for mains). That said, an improvement of someone's main is generally speaking better for the raid than of an alt. Again, common sense and courtesy.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Apex Forum Index -> Kinship Rules and Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum